TwentyEleven Book Awards - A Big thank you to Inkcrush for coming up with this idea! If you'd like to see the post click on the link above!
Day One: The Books
Day Two: The Characters
Day Three: The Scenes
Day Four: The Random
Day Five: The Covers
TEN favourite covers selected from books you read in 2011 - in no particular order!
1. Last Breath by Rachel Caine. I absolutely love all the covers in the Morganville Vampire series especially this one. It's got to be the green eyes I reckon. I was even lucky enough to find out from Rachel Caine at the Bloggers Brekky that these covers weren't targeted at specific characters, more for decoration purposes than anything else. But they're cool right!
2. All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin. What can I say? This cover is awesome. Check out the model's eyelashes.. surely they're fake. Okay of course I'd notice that lol. While I don't see the relevance of the model's face compared to the story, I still think this is such a fantastic cover that even if I didn't want to read the story I'd love seeing that cover on my shelf none the less.
3. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater. This cover is just beautiful and ties in well to the story. The other thing I loved about these books are the coloured text inside that matched the colouring of the cover. So awesome! Shiver and Linger are my other favourites but ones I've read the previous year or so. So I couldn't include them lol. I've also included another version of Forever that I liked as well.
4. Days Like This by Alison Stewart. I just love the bold colours on this one. It also ties in with the storyline but it's not an obvious scene if you know what I mean.
5. Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick. This is probably the best cover I've seen for this story. I don't like the one with the alien looking face on it. I think this one I've featured would sell the story better. I also really like the smaller version I've included. I'm taking a stab in the dark and guessing it's the german cover? I'm probably wrong though lol.
6. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. This is so much better in person though. Such a shiny and awesome cover.
7. City of Ghosts by Stacia Kane. I've gotta say I love this cover alot better than the other one with the woman facing front on. I suppose this is a personal preference though, but this cover above rocks!
8. Twelfth Grade Kills by Heather Brewer. Loved this series, loved the covers even more! Have to look into getting myself a Vladimir Tod tshirt!! Yeah!
9. Burn Bright by Marianne de Pierres. How could you not love this cover. It's funky and original!
10. Switched by Amanda Hocking. I really loved this cover of Switched and the butterflies on the cover are really eye catching. When I went to Goodreads to find the cover I also came across the other versions of it as well. While they're pretty cool, I like this one the best.
Well that's it for my Faves of TwentyEleven. I'll be keeping note of the books I read this year and definitely be fitting them into categories and what-not as I go. It will make the end of next year alot easier.
Hope you enjoyed this!